A dripping tap is a common problem in homes. It can be annoying and wasteful, and it can also damage your home’s plumbing.
There are a few things you can do to fix a dripping tap.
Check the washers. The washers are the rubber seals that prevent water from leaking out of the tap. If the washers are worn or damaged, they will need to be replaced.
Check the O-rings. O-rings are the rubber rings that seal the connection between the tap and the spout. If the O-rings are worn or damaged, they will need to be replaced.
Check the cartridge. The cartridge is the part of the tap that controls the flow of water. If the cartridge is damaged, it will need to be replaced.
If you are not comfortable fixing the tap yourself, you can call a plumber.
Tips to prevent dripping taps:
- Turn off the water supply to the tap when you are not using it.
- Wipe down the tap after each use to remove any dirt or debris.
- Lubricate the washers and O-rings with a light oil every few months.
- Replace the washers and O-rings every few years.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent dripping taps and save water.
To keep in mind when fixing a dripping tap:
- Make sure you have the right tools and parts before you start.
- Be careful not to over-tighten any screws or nuts.
- If you are not sure how to fix the tap, call a plumber.
Dripping taps can also damage your home’s plumbing. Over time, the constant drip can wear away at the pipes and fittings, causing leaks. Leaks can damage your home’s foundation and cause mould and mildew growth.
By fixing a dripping tap, you can save water, prevent damage to your home’s plumbing, and save money on your water bill.
A dripping tap can waste a lot of water in the UK. According to Waterwise, a UK-based water efficiency charity, a dripping tap can waste up to 5,500 litres of water per year. This is equivalent to filling a paddling pool every week for the whole summer.
Is a dripping tap in your home keeping you up at night? Don’t let this seemingly minor issue lead to bigger problems such as water waste and increased bills! At Manchester Plumbing and Heating (Sale), we provide efficient and affordable solutions for all your plumbing in Sale, including fixing that troublesome tap.
Remember, no issue is too small to be addressed. Let us take care of that dripping tap! Trust Manchester Plumbing and Heating (Sale) to restore normality in your home. We are just a click away!
- Things to Do in Case of a Dripping Faucet or Tap
- Water Pressure and Flow Rates
- Looking for Water Leaks in Your Home
- How To Fix a Leaking Radiator
- Boiler Leaking in Bungalow in Sale M33