During certain times, your household’s pipes and plumbing system might be making noises. You might think that it really sounds bad. There might be some whistles and bangs going on. You might hear some knocks on the pipes or even some pops. If these are the sounds that you often hear in your plumbing system, you definitely need to pay close attention. Here are a few tips that will help you understand as to what might be happening to your plumbing.
You might hear some banging noises in the metal pipes of your home. However, if you already encounter noises in the excess, this might be due to a pipe that is not secure enough. Also, there might be something that obstructs your pipe system. In case something has obstructed the pipes, this needs to be addressed immediately. You need to take care of the obstruction. If you ignore this, this may cause major problems later on. When the problem is solved, the bangs that you hear should also be reduced.
Whistles in the Shower
If you hear some whistles in your shower head, there might be some clogging going on. This is due to some minerals that may build up in the shower head. These minerals usually cause the clogging. Make sure that you take out the shower head to clean it really well. Once it has been fully cleaned, the whistles should stop. If it does not, you might want to consider buying another shower head.
Gurgling Sounds in the Drainage
Gurgling sounds might be present whenever you are flushing the toilet. These sounds might be present in the drain or even the shower. This might actually signify that:
- There is a pipe that may be clogged. The drainage might be clogged due to the accumulation of hair and food in the drains. Make sure that you hire a technician to fully clean the drains. They should be able to address the issue.
- Air issues in the drains or pipes
- Drainage issues
- Problems in the sewer – This could be a major issue. In most cases, the roots of trees may also cause any damage in the sewer. Call your plumber in case you think that this is the issue.
- Noise in Your Heating System
- Why Is My Boiler Making A Banging Noise?
- Noisy Central Heating Pipes
- What is Water Hammer?
- Troubleshoot Your Boiler